Saturday, January 31, 2009

The major days of cny has passed. Gatherings with relatives was new to me this year. Since the passover of taiyee and the infrequent visits back to penang on the hot busy festive days, we took chances this year. Indeed, it was worthwhile.

Other than people asking 'when you getting married ah?' there were lots of conversation going. Mundane questions about work and about, but its really getting to know one another much better. Cousins suddenly realised i wasn't as quiet as they thought i was. What a shocker! I usually blab whenever i get the chance to. Quiet? me? oh come on..

We all moved on in our lives, busy with the current, questioning about the future, thinking on what to do next. It is probably once a year cny thing, but this time we vow to do it more frequent. I won't want my next generation to be cut off totally from my relatives and tradition. Somehow, i got scared. Scared that i would lose the chinese tradition and unable to pass it to the next cause i don't know. Its not totally about the traditions itself, its the family ties that comes with it.

This chinese new year, i learn to appreciate family time. I used to brush aside whenever i get the chance to but probably cny 2009 taught me a lesson. Theres nothing stronger than family ties.
On another note, i wonder how long it would last. Me and the famous hangat hangat tahi ayam. Bad bad bad.

I've come to love Penang despite its traffic congestions and mad drivers. I love that place.

2 comments:

Pearly Kee said...

Thank you for sharing about your love for Penang. Come back often as the changes are happening too fast.

pearly
http://www.my-island-penang.com

May said...

I definately would.
Long live PENANG!!

:)