Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Intelligent Conversation of the Teohs

Dad: got bread behind ah
Me: i don't eat rice and bread anymore, part of the diet plan.
Dad: -silence-
Me: just telling you lah
Dad: tomorrow while you waiting for your car, you can walk down to the shop, order curry fish head. Drink the curry, eat the fish lah.... *evil MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA... while wacking his hand on the sofa...
Me: -_-

When i'm typing it out, it doesn't seem funny but oh well, my dad super-funnily-lame lah. Those who saw him would have witnessed his fun-ame. And today during lunch with Indra and Azr, i talked to dad on the phone. After the teleconversation, indra commented on how friend-like i and my dad talked. It got me thinking.... aaaa... Well, it ain't the first. It amazes me sometimes when i hear friend's relationships with their father, it's strictly authoritative father figure, prim and proper. Daddy still tells me to dress elegantly and will hide my short shorts and tells me that it's too short to wear out...still a daddy but he knows all my stories, the bads i have done and am doing, i'll come home at 12am and when he's still awake, he'll litsen to the babbles and little marbles i pick on that day especially on work. Am really glad and eventhough he is my dad-the-authority, he is my friend! I am soo blessed, very blessed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jox said...

Your dad so cute. Reminds me of the relationship I had with my father. Really such a blessing to have a parent who can be a friend to you. =)

uncle boy said...

I think its more natural of the daughter being closer to their "daddy" instead of the son. I used to be closed with my dad when I was a little boy.. now, even huggin seem to be very awkward these days. You're lucky sweety! My dad won't even tell a joke to me. My dad is the "dad-o-authority" role only. but than, I'm not complaining.

Ryan said...

i always felt my dad was closer 2 my brother coz of me being gay but we bonded last night. come check my post out!

May said...

I think nomatter who we are, how distant we might have become, or wherever we go, they are still our dad. Always a friend!

May said...

ryan, sooo happy for you man!!