Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Dream Dreamt Gone

When i was young, i had BIG dreams. I dreamt of being a well-known Hair stylist. I like to have my hair in different ways. It will be short for a while, fringed (despite my ultimate chubby face) and dyed for a while or dyed in a different style. I think it was then the ah lian-ness surfaced crescendo-ed, and now, a full blown ah lian. Haha..

As i was saying, my dream. I dreamt that i would cut people's hair with style so as they exited the shop, (blowing kipas at the hair) wooooooshhhhh.....(intro of Star Wars theme song) people from all end will stop a second and stare at the beautiful, gorgeous hair cut.

It was my dream.

I even checked out places where i could study a hairstyling course. Of cos, with obvious reasons, i didn't make it to the pre-orientation.

I always believe that hair makes a mark in a person's personality, and a person as a whole. It is a distinctive mark especially on the upper part of the body. Your hair is your friend. They can help with covering your side face scars or the buldging fats on the sides, mmm... side parting, middle parting... color of the hair can also compliment your skin tone, your clothes, your eyes... don't say, even your car. Color strips can also give you the effects of longer facial features. Of cos it also depends on the length of your hair.

So much pep talk on hair. I feel like pro also. BUT (cheng cheng cheng) that day... that specific day, i knew i wasn't born a hairstylist. (sniff... sniff... sob SOB SOB). My dad brought down a bag of Mattel barbie dolls. It brought back much much memories, dressing them up and playing with Ken... eer... i don't think i have a Ken.. ok, the living happily ever after WITHOUT Ken...


In the bag of many many mattel barbies, i could pick the one belong to me very very easily. I realised since young, my dream stands. I remember hiding this particular barbie (below) under somewhere to keep it out of sight from my parents.
They will fume like hot water boiling when they see this barbie then. Pay for a doll for you to play and you DISTROYED her life by cutting her hair???? and cut untill like that! now, they just laugh. It's all about timing man.. all about timing...

I just wanted Barbie to have short cool-looking hair. :(


Mind the cowboy hat with an evening gown. I just wasn't thinking right then.

There goes the dream of being a hair stylist. I just wasn't born to do it, it just wasn't in me. (Crying loudly) I guess, my parents knew it since day one.. and thank God they didn't give me the green light to go learn cut other people's hair.. Just imagine, i think they will pay for the post-cut-hair traumatic experience for my clients more when they sue me than my learning fees.

Some things are just not meant to be.

*Indrani, some of the big fonts are custom made especially for you. Now now, we won't want our publication manager's eyes squinting so hard eyh.. Hahaha!

No comments: