Thursday, June 05, 2008

It was madness.
The hike on petrol prices, the long queue, the impatient drivers, angry crowd of protesters.
I didn't think much of the hike of fuel prices until my best friend decided to queue in one of the petrol station to pump petrol. If she decides to do it, the hike must be quite tremendous.

Honestly, i don't know one litre of petrol is how much. And i don't know how many litre can my car take in. Measurements? it just don't get along well with me. With the many sms reminders on the raise of price and the BIG fonts of RM2.70, with everyone (even the ahpek beside me during breakfast) also talked about it. It must then be something big.

It hit me when a friend's msn nick states that his full tank was once RM67, now is RM92. That kind of figure i totally can understand. Being just over fifty and now almost a hundred. The government must be crazy. I have not pumped full tank after the price hike, will do so soon when the car drinks it all. I can understand the financial burden that people might have. From cutting down credit cards to taking the public transport.

Companies and workplace must also work out a win win situation. RM0.40 one KM is not gonna work man. Nobody gives that shitty amount anymore. Prolly like 10 years ago then probably la.
Its getting tougher to survive after listening to people calculating their expenses. Paycheck's amount still remains. ah shucks.

I really think i should take this into serious consideration. Probably the motto of 'Changing Lifestyle" is really applicable in this manner. Take a teh-o kurang manis in a mamak than starbucks's Tazo Tea or even a RM3.50 o town's ice lemon tea. Hahahahha... CUT CUT CUT. We are sooooooo shortchanged.

Subsidised my ass la. Subsidise when pay road tax wor. I wonder if this is the BEST they could do. Or is it just another EASIER way to 'solve' the problem.

After work have to think of financial control and restrains. Cannot buy this and that la. There goes retail therapy, cause why? it all goes in to the petrol to take you to the mall itself.

My good aunty finally came and visited me today. It will prolly last a few more day, and wala... more talkative and super emotional teohmaymay. Bear with me, i just need to bite.

3 comments:

Joanna's IVF Journey said...

hahaha! aunty finally came to visit you yesterday nite eh? i bet she brings lots of stuff eh. so the box in your bag is a good gift for her. know what i mean yeah? anyways, petrol hike is really bad.. some of my ex colleagues thinking of changing their car to using NGV. that shows how bad the impact is. well i can't complaint cos i'm now using a smaller capacity car other than that KIA. if i'm still using that KIA, my petrol expenses will be worst! don't dare to imagine it.

Anonymous said...

hahaha.... someone is complaining of petrol hike... and complaining of our government.

May said...

I think complaining is my new name