Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Love

Hardly do i take time to go watch a movie or read a book. Mind you, book has always been my place of solace. To the suprise of many, i look more of a drinking kaki than a quiet individual that would sip her chai tea and read. Movies? i don't love em, i don't hate em either. A good one? anytime.

Times of leisure, i now would rather nap it away. You would understand when you see the dark circle underneath my already panda eyes. Hail to concealers, they are life savers.

It was a rare occasion. Without an ipod, with four hours on my hands which two i used it to nap, i opened a gift a friend has generously given me. As i turned the first page, i couldn't stop. I kept flipping it till i reached home. It was the memoirs of a gangster's daughter, a life of a kakuza by Shodo Tendo. In the beggining, the book seemed too easy to read. It felt like short stories of Amy Tan's, but yet using very simple descriptive english. It suprised me a little, but i read it from cover to cover. Shodo Tendo's experience of life was written by herself, a daughter of a kakuza. At the end, she too admits the book does not suck you into character, she tries, she hopes one day she could with her writings. It wasn't about the language anymore, it was her genuinity, her honestly and her life experience in Japan that made it all the more pure and true.

At times, i would think of writing too. I bet my writings will be a laughing tool to many. Other than the misuse of grammar everywhere, it would be funny. Teachers would buy it as a tool of no-no.

My life is definately not as yo-yo fied as Shoko. I wonder how would a memoirs of teohmaymay would be like... its probably some silly stories. Now, it makes me wanna laugh thinking about it.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. At first, i didn't know where i was heading to, what i was watching, what time was the show. I didn't regret it, it was the first show for quite a while now, i strongly suggest you watch it. Other than focusing just on Brad himself which you definately would with his charming youthful looks, the storyline blew me away. Blow you? i no know. Go see!

Now, i'm excited to go watch movies and get myself some books to drown into.

No comments: