Thursday, June 25, 2009

17 again

Never was a movie buff. Somehow its unavoidable especially its a blockbuster where it would be the talk of the town. Gotten the privilege to have friends who are movie buffs and is kind enough to include me in, i strolled and rolled. Somehow, i've come to appreciate the time in the cinema. Some movies are plain wasting time, but some have a lesson to learn or a wake up call.

This week, it was hannah montana, transformers and 17 again. Transformers was a hit then for us kids. With its animated series, on a saturday before ballet class, i would be glued to the television watching optimus doing his 'save the humankind' 'more than meets the eyes' gig. Thus long, transformers 2 not only made me tear also, it was just utterly amazing. No, no spoiler. My lips are sealed. This is a movie i will be revisiting soon enough.

Zac Efron in 17again did not give me the utter amazing feeling. However, it tickled a part of me. If i would to go back time and relive it, would it be any different? My stand and decision i've made thus far, would it still stand then? Regret what have not been done?

When i got home, didn't think much till a friend told me that he was a bit down after the show. Being a person he is, he thought and thought about it and probably regret somethings in the past. But he determines to strive on for his future. As i thought about my past, so much reconcilation to do. Regrets? i grew up with it. Falling down, picking myself up, moving on, its oh so common. I still don't know would i change anything if i go back to the times. Else, i wouldn't be who i am right now.

17again, eventhough Zac went back, he still made the same crucial decision. Sometimes, its not the point of decision making that is mind boggling or hard, its the process after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your posting, a song came into mind:

"Regrets... I've had a few.... but then again.... too few to mention....

I did what I had to do... And saw it through..... without exemption...."

Born in Taiping