Thursday, February 08, 2007

Learning

The word loneliness repeatedly appeared in my little wondering mind today.

Work sent me to a far far away land for a mission. Had to do it, choice-less. So, there i went with me myself and i to the land of unknown, filled with grubby mist and a whole load of strangers. As i stood at a corner eagerly waiting for my turn, i realised that since the minute i set my foot there, the phone was my companion. Dialled and messaged anyone i thought were possible to keep me occupied. Realising that, i hated being alone.
-

Did not need 23 years for me to realise it but it became a more prominent issue in my little emotional mind. Being in this industry, i can't expect people to be there just happen i feel lonely isn't it. I gotta get a grip of myself. This would not be the only occasion i have to deal it myself. but who likes to be alone? i know some, but surely not all the time. It's a petty issue but it bothers me so much being unable to handle such minor loneliness. Sometimes, it takes a while to understand simple things in life. Life is always a learning process. I can foresee more frustrations to come as i get to know myself better. -emo. battle-

Indra showed this to me, and it speaketh itself... or- it speaketh to us.


...After a while
After a while you learn
The subtle difference between
Holding a hand and chaining a soul
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
And company doesn't always mean security.

And you begin to learn
That kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes ahead
With the grace of a woman
Not the grief of a child

And you learn
To build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow's ground is
Too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way
Of falling down in mid flight
After a while you learn
That even sunshine burns if you get too much
So you plant your own garden
And decorate your own soul
Instead of waiting
For someone to bring you flowers

And you learn
That you really can endure
That you are really strong
And you really do have worth
And you learn and you learn
With every good bye you learn.
-Anon

1 comment:

uncle boy said...

you can call me May... ;)