Thursday, April 16, 2009

As i was at a job today in Midvalley, my hearing and sight automatically becomes more sensitive towards the surroundings. Of course, it because i'm in a familiar environment and its a on the job thing.

While waiting for time to tick right on for me to punch out, i sat at a corner and started with my writings. When i was at it, this man probably late thirties walked in and asked for a name transfer on his card. At the back of my mind, i thought it was rather queer.

Staff checked the points and the card was still valid and has vouchers to redeemed. Why transfer then? He said: my wife died.

I stopped and looked up facing him. The sadness in his eyes, i cannot forget. Staff then asked: Would you have any ID of your wife with you? He looked at her and said he has her IC number, and he muttered it out, its all in his head. Blankly i stared at him, he returned with a smile.

I remembered the time when my close friend died. Of course, nothing in comparison to passing away of your next kin. He must have felt so much more than i did.

I hope the retail therapy he did today lifted him a little.

No comments: