Thursday, June 11, 2009

Burned ego

I burned a man's ego today.

It all started with the pressure of sales not being good. It was actually very dissapointing.
The deejay's mom went admitted into hospital, very sick. He had to go.
So thus leaving 30,000 square feet to this man. Just came back from London,
the mixture of slangs was not understandable to most Malaysians.
Boss pulled me aside and say this cannot go on, you must do it.
Plainly because big bos is coming. Already stationed at a place to do a pathetic redemption.
The mike was taken from the man and given to me.
With questions in his eyes, and wondering mind, i daren't even go close to him, instead i walked away holding his job in my hands.

I felt bad. Very bad.

Nobody had the guts to tell him why, nobody took the effort. I wish i did now. Too late.

I did as i was told till my big boss left. Thinking i was relieved, it didn't.
Knowing not where to hide my face, how to react to it all. I meekly uttered i'm sorry. Couldn't even look straight into his eyes.
Now wishing i could have told him more, how much i really am apologetic to him.
I could see how hard he was trying, but somehow it just didn't worked.

I burned his ego today.
And i hate it cause i'm a part of it.

No comments: